MECCA Future Islamic Center at a Glance
(last update on 4-1-2013)
MECCA is building its future Islamic center on a 4.7-acre site
located at 16 W 560 91st Street in Willowbrook, Illinois.
The overall project provides the followings facilities:
• It will include prayer halls, a library, classrooms, meeting rooms and a visiting imam office.
• A main foyer will connect major elements of the building and provide the master entrance to the Mosque.
• A Gym to be used by the youth and others.
• The center will have a multipurpose hall, administrative offices and a conference room.
• There will also be plenty of green space and parking around the facilities.
Construction Progress Report
Work completed so far:
• Site Demolition and Tree Removal.
• Site Grading and Earth Movement.
• Storm Trap System Construction.
• Site Utility Installation (Water, Storm, Sewer).
• Value Engineering Study Initiation.
Work to be completed by end of October, 2013:
• Full Foundation and Retaining Wall System for Masjid & Gym.
• Complete Structural Steel Framing and Bearing Walls.
• Complete Precast Concrete Exterior Walls with Brick Finish.
• Complete Roofing System.
• Permanent Electrical Service for the Site.
• Rough Deceleration Lane and Entrance.
• Total Cost of Project: $8,492,000
• Total Amount Spent So Far: $1,250,000
• Engineering & legal: $500,000
• Permits: $250,000
• Construction: $500,000
• Total Funds Available: $2,400,000
• Cash on Hand: $600,000
• Deposits Held in Escrow with DuPage County & Highway Dep: $1,800,000
• Anticipated Construction Expenditures thru October, 2013: $3,750,000
• Additional Funds Needed by October, 2013: $1,350,000
How to Receive an Everlasting Reward?
Sponsor the cost of any part of MECCA Center (please see cost breakdown) or be a Founder by committing to give a minimum of $1000 per month (or $12,000 per year) for 2 years. Your name will be listed on a wall Founders Plaque insha’Allah.